Monday, April 22, 2013

With just a few weeks left before my 50k run for Braden Peiffer who has Landau-Kleffner Syndrome I find myself getting tired, overwhelmed and look for inspiration to get me through my long runs.  Braden is always in the back of my mind, his struggles keep me going because at the end of the day my struggles w/ running are over when I'm done running.  Braden, his parents and brother continue to struggle with no end in sight.  

Can you imagine living your life that way every single day?  Clearly Braden, his mom and dad and brother all carry on with the belief that some day things will be better.  I believe this too, which is why I'm running for Braden and others affected by LKS.  I've submitted this race and Braden's story to CNN I-Report:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-930698 and 348 people have recommended this article.  Because of CNN I've been contacted by Courtney Anderson, now a 26 year old adult, who has over come LKS and wants to run with us!  Her story is an important one, it proves that the hope the Peiffer's carry with them is justified.

On May 11th, 2013 I'm running 31.1 miles along with Darcy Lawler (Braden's Aunt), Amanda Collins, Dusty Hardman (from her home state of FL) and Terri Preast (from her home state of TN), Courtney Anderson (IL) and we're all going to run our hearts out!

To donate to rare diseases in Braden Peiffer's honor:


No comments:

Post a Comment